What does the Desktop License Cover?
—Stationery Collateral like Business Cards, Letterhead, Post Cards, Trifolds, Folders, etc.
— Personal Promotion Usage: Garage Sale Flyers, Local Theater, Band Posters
— Products: Tee Designs, Mug Designs, Stickers etc.*
— Marketing and Promotional Materials
— Packaging and Signage
* Exception: Use on product creation websites (ex: Zazzle), or apps that allow their end user to create a new design with the font (ex: Canva) is not allowed under these licenses. Contact Hoodzpah if you need a license for this. firstname.lastname@example.org
What doesn’t the Desktop License cover?
— Web Use (@font-face embedding). Purchase a web license for this.
— Ebook or Epub use. Purchase an Epub license for this.
— Apps. Purchase an app license for this.
How do I figure out how many users I should purchase for?
Think about how many people in your company will be accessing and using the font files. That’s how many users you need to license for. An exception to this is third party subcontractors like printers, developers, animators, etc. (outside of your company) who may need access to the files for your projects temporarily. These are allowed temporary access under our license as long as they delete the files after the project is complete.
What if I’m purchasing for a client?
How many people on the company’s team will be accessing/using the font files? That’s how many users you need to purchase for. Write the client’s name in the notes section of your order if purchasing for them, or have them purchase directly.
I’m a creative—can I use this font license on more than one client project?
Each new client project requires a new license to be purchased for that client.
Where can I find your End User License Agreements?
Font Release: 3.0
(If you purchased Beverly Drive, you should have gotten an email with a free download to the 3.0 upgrade. If you didn’t reach out to us at email@example.com. )
See All Glyphs
v3 Change Log
3.0 Log edits –
– Changed Y.ss0.001 to Y, and previous Y to Y.ss02
– Changed y.001 to y.ss02
– adjusted the @ sign counter space to be more open vertically. Adjusted placement on the baseline
– adjusted j, p, t width on all weights
– fixed r upstroke to connect seamlessly with w-r (on all weights)
– adjusted end stroke on p and b (bold) to be a little longer for more space between it and next letter
– updated e.ss01 to be wider on the finial for more kerning space
– updated finial end stroke of f.001 so that the kerning is wider on all weights
– fixed z.001 connection at baseline of 2 parts
– adjusted width on G on left side bowl on all weights
– adjusted upstroke cap angle on M to match N and A
– Changed all .002 to .ss02
– fixed A.ss01 apex connector
– fixed R.ss01 right leg to be higher
– updated spacing on umlaut
– adjusted Z.ss01 thicknesses on all weights
– adjusted J.ss01 thicknesses on all weights
– adjusted B thickness on regular weight
– adjusted guillemetes so that crotch is in exact middle now
– fixed two inconsistencies
– ampersand 2 adjusted (weights)
– minus weight adjusted to match consistency
– adjusted Registered and Copyright glyphs so circle is lower contrast
– adjusted angle on ring and degree glyphs
– moved degree symbol up
– ordfeminine and ordmasculine updated
– adjusted bottom loop of B
– other overall kerning adjsutments
– G.ss01 thickness adjusted on all weights
– Added casual capital D.ss02, E.ss02, I.ss02, L.ss02, l.ss02 with flat cross strokes at baseline.
– added one.numr, two.numr, three.numr, two.dno, three.dnom, four.dnom
– l_quotesingle_s.ss02, and l_quoteright_s.ss02
Kerning and Sidebearing Updates:
– Connected R left sidebearing to B
– Connected Q sidebearings to O
– Connected A.ss01 and A.002 right sidebearing to A
– Connected G.002 left sidebearing to G
– Connected B.ss01 right sidebearing to B
– Connected H.ss01 side bearings to H
– Connected M.ss01 left sidebearing to N.ss01
– Connected O.ss01 left sidebearing to O
– Connected D.002 left sidebearing to B.ss01
– Connected Y.ss01 left sidebearing to U.ss01
– connected quote glyphs to quote left and quote right sidebearings
– blackstar increased kerning
– adjusted right and left arrows to not be slanted
Transfered to components:
– Q uses the O component
– g uses aloop component
– i.001, l.001, r.001, and s.001 uses the base letter component.
– added aloop component for easier updating (used in a, d, d.ss01, q)
– added upstroke componenet for .001 upstroke letters l.001, s.001, b.ss01.001
– added bloop
– ud.001 to use aloop + l
– the accent combs are connected to the original diacritics/accents
– Eth to use D component
– Hbar uses H component
– Oslash uses O component and Oslash.ss01 uses O.ss01
– Eth.ss01 uses D.ss01
– hbar uses h
– dcroat uses d
– ae uses e component
– j uses jdotless
– oslash uses o
– b, p, pthorn uses bloop
– quote single uses comma
– quote right uses comma
– added caroncomb.alt for a comma style caron on dcaron and lcaron.
– decomposed from base characters to get more space in final
– OE uses O
– Tbar uses T
– d_quoteright_s, d_quotesingle_s, f_quoteright_s, f_quotesingle_s, l_quoteright_s, l_quotesingle_s, n_quoteright_t, n_singlequote_t, t_quoteright_s, t_quotesingle_s, f_quoteright_s.ss01, f_quotesingle_s.ss01, f_f.ss01, f_f_l.ss01, f_l.ss01, all use components now
– n_d.ss01, r_d.ss01, s_t.ss01, etc. etc. use base components scaled 82% now
– tbar uses t
– exclam, question uses period
– semicolon and colon uses period and comma
– questiondown and exclamdown use base
– periodcentered uses period
– Numbersign.001 uses base N and period
– Numbersign.002 uses base
– all quote glyphs use comma
– guillemeteright uses guillemeteleft
– divide uses minus and period
– notequal uses equal
– less uses greater
— percent uses ring
– 1000percent uses percent and ring component
– micro uses u component
– product uses product.001
– all arrows connected to up arrow
– made fractions from base components